Welcome to the Office of Curricular Affairs!
Curricular Affairs works together with academic units and committees to advance the mission of the University of Arizona through continuous improvement of academic offerings.
We collaborate with faculty and staff to improve how we educate and innovate at the University of Arizona in some of the following ways:
- Providing reports to the Arizona Board of Regents regarding Academic Organizations, Academic Program Review and Curriculum
- Partnering with Online & Distance Education and Arizona International to extend the UA’s reach through new domestic and global locations.
- Facilitating requests for course catalog changes, including new courses, course modifications and inactivations
- Launching new academic programs and modifying existing academic programs
- Verifying that proposed curricular changes meet University and ABOR policy as well as WSCUC accreditation standards
- Assisting faculty with handbook and website review during Academic Program Review
Oversees all processes having to do with academic programs and units on campus; federal and state reporting on academic programs, as well as course development and management.
Undergraduate Program Manager
Lead on undergraduate program proposals, new and modifications; will also assist in annual curriculum update for undergraduate academic advisement reports.
Program Coordinator III
Lead on UA Course Management form processes, inquiries, and related training. Works with the Curricular Affairs Director, course approval staff, and campus partners to ensure course policy and department course needs are met.
Supports lead on UA Course Management form processes and inquiries. Curricular Affairs approver for course management access roles.
Data Steward & Analyst
Ensures there is data integrity of the UAccess academic foundation tables, provides training for new academic program workflow submissions, and analyzes and report on curricular data.
Coordinates administrative tasks, manages correspondence, schedules meetings, transcribes meeting minutes, and supports the Curricular Affairs Office in promoting academic excellence.