Click to expand each section.

No, transfers into or out of the PFDT accounts to other sub funds are not allowed. However, it is allowable for the department to transfer from their PFDT account to the aid account (279xxxx) if the aid account has been overspent, for additional need-based aid.

Financial aid can be applied to differential tuition, program fees, base tuition or any bursar charges.

A college or program will be flagged to submit a YE report in October if the PFDT account associated to the PFDT fee has a balance above 85% or a deficit higher than -10%. The PFDT revenue should ideally be spent during the same year it is received. The students who pay PFDT should benefit directly from this fee. A large year-end balance raises the question of whether the fee is higher than necessary.

If your department/college has written procedures that require full-time (12 units) enrollment, you would need to make sure that your administration is ok with allowing aid for students who don’t meet that requirement. In general, the office of scholarships and financial aid (OSFA) allows lower enrollment if the student is graduating. Also, they sometimes allow exceptions. If you do end up awarding the students and their award does not disburse because of the enrollment requirement, please contact to request a manual override. Not all item types are set up to require 12-unit enrollment so that might not be the case with your awards.

No, the University holds the right to approve these types of requests. However, we do report reductions or deletions to ABOR on an annual basis.

We encourage you to read the fees Handbooks before deciding to request a fee. Once you decide a fee is needed, you will need to submit access request to specific roles in UAccess and complete the online application and required ABOR pdf forms.

Visit the Fee Procedures & Documents section for more details

Yes, the UAccess form is for the university system and approval workflow. The ABOR pdf form is what is sent to ABOR and what they review before approving or denying a fee.

For a list of all forms visit Forms & Resources

There is no maximum amount for fee request, but there is a minimum of $10.

For a list of all forms visit Forms & Resources

A department/college can carry-forward a balance if this was listed on the approved request. If a one-time exception is needed, approval from the Office of the Provost is needed. The department/college will have to send an official signed memo with details of this request. • If the expense is not allowable, detail how this benefits the students within the department/college. • Explanation on why does the department/college need to carry forward the balance? • Detailed cost list or invoice. • Any other information that can help with approving the carry forward request. Have the memo signed by the Associate Dean of Finance and send to the University Fees Manager.

For a list of all forms visit Forms & Resources

Course fees are linked to a course id, all sections under that id will be charged the fee amount.

For a list of all forms visit Forms & Resources

It was internally decided by UA leadership that TAs could not be paid from class fees. The UA decision was driven to collect lower revenues for class fees than ASU and NAU.

No, ABOR approves fees only once a year. Effective July 1, 2018 (when policy changed due to a legislature decision) every academic fee must be approved by the Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR) in the Tuition and Fees setting process. This includes class fees & other academic fees regardless of the fee amount. The process is done once a year during the Spring semester and involves all three Arizona universities, the process includes a mandatory public hearing, publication of the proposals by each university president, a tuition and fees workshop and a tuition and fees setting meeting. This is on top of all the internal review and process for each university.

In order to be eligible for a refund of tuition, program fees and course fees, students must drop courses or withdraw from the University by the specified Refund Dates for more information regarding billing and payments please visit the Bursars Office FAQ website

If the student is added into program after the start of the semester they would not be assessed the program fee/differential tuition until the following term. Students are charged tuition based on their programs on the first day of the term.

We would appreciate your feedback.